The Holness Mission
Hi! I’m Nicole Holness, a New York City-based Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and the proud founder of Holness Nutrition – a company born with a clear mission: to offer full support and guidance to women struggling with fertility and pregnancy-related challenges through customized holistic approach to nutrition and lifestyle plans.
The journey of Holness Nutrition began with more than just my deep passion for healthy living – it was driven by the principle that food is the foundation for healing and vitality, and holds the power for us all to nourish and flourish for life.
Let’s face it – being a woman is a beautiful thing! But… struggling with fertility issues, dealing with prenatal and postpartum concerns, or suffering from the chronic challenges of PCOS can all take a toll on our feminine pride, right?
Enter Holness Nutrition.
There’s so much more than simply visiting the gynecologists when it comes to addressing women’s health concerns. Small changes to your diet and lifestyle can produce incredible game-changing results. In fact, it’s entirely possible to correct (and even reverse) many pregnancy and conception issues, so you can get back to embracing the beautiful and amazing woman you are!
Who is Nicole Holness?
I’m so glad you asked!
I am an experienced, accredited, and highly passionate RDN. I’ve had the pleasure of working for several prestigious hospitals in NYC, including NYU Langone Medical Center, The Mount Sinai Hospital and The Department of Veterans Affairs. I’ve had the honor of bringing my experience as an early-life nutrition specialist to work with one of the world’s largest maternal and infant nutrition companies.
With 5 years of RDN training and an additional two years to earn my Master’s degree of Science in Clinical Nutrition, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), and a proud alum of the NGI culinary school, I’ve studied, practiced, and fully embraced the unmistakable power that nutrition has on our vitality and well-being, especially when it comes to women’s health.
Specializing in fertility, prenatal & postnatal nutrition, infant nutrition, PCOS management, and digestive disorders & gut health. I am a leading RDN in women’s health in New York and I’ve successfully treated hundreds of women affected by a wide array of pregnancy-related issues (including critical conditions):
- Fertility and preconception;
- Hormonal conditions, including PCOS, endometriosis, irregular menstruation, insulin resistance, gestational diabetes, or type I and type II diabetes;
- Pregnancy weight management, food intolerances, major dietary adjustments, including vegetarian or vegan diets;
- Nutritional deficiencies, including anemia, preeclampsia, symptom management, food safety support;
- Postpartum issues, including breastfeeding, recovery from birth or surgery, introducing solids, nutritional deficiencies, or major dietary adjustments, including vegetarian or vegan diets.
So What Exactly is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is highly trained to provide medical nutrition therapy (MNT) to people with certain health conditions. They also must have a degree in foods and nutrition from an accredited university program and are credentialed to provide medical nutrition therapy.
Practicing RDNs commit to stay on top of emerging research, skills, and techniques – it is our mission to deliver reliable, life-changing advice tailored to your specific health concerns and challenges.
Why Consulting With a Certified Fertility Registered Dietitian Can Change Your Life
If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than a year, and just can’t seem to make it happen, it’s time to seek help. A wise word of advice: STOP feeling hopeless, STOP blaming yourself, and STOP leaving it up to chance – because we are here to empower you!
Diet and nutrition can make a significant difference in the preconception period, which is why consulting with a certified food and nutrition expert is a vital decision. RDN’s can translate the science of nutrition into practical (and life-changing) solutions to support your fertility needs.
- You’re planning to start a family: RDNs provide expert nutritional advice to optimize your prenatal health and prepare your body for conception and pregnancy. They develop a personalized plan to optimize genetic programming, maximize nutrient retention, and nutritionally support your baby’s first 1000 days.
- You’re healthy, but want to help boost your success rate: RDNs know the foods and supplements to take to get a head start on your chances of getting pregnant. A healthy diet and lifestyle can positively influence lifelong health (and increase fertility, of course!)
- You’re struggling to conceive: Unfortunately, infertility is a common problem in the US. RDNs can provide guidance and nutritional strategies to increase your chances of getting (and staying) pregnant, including those with conditions such as endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids, and thyroid problems.
- In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF): Success rates of IVF are approximately 35-40% in the US (although many factors come into play). RDN’s are the right professionals to provide solution strategies to increase your chances of conceiving even further with the right nutrition.
- You suffer from reproductive health complications: PCOS, endometriosis, thyroid conditions, diabetes, insulin resistance, celiac disease, and issues with ovulation are just some conditions which may negatively affect your fertility. RDNs can help manage your symptoms and provide dietary guidance to help improve your chances of getting pregnant.
- You’re struggling with weight management: Having a BMI that falls below or above the healthy ranges can negatively affect fertility. RDNs can design a customized meal plan that will get your BMI within a healthy range to optimize your chances of conceiving.
- You suffer from food intolerances: Gluten free, coeliac, FODMAP, vegetarian and vegan are just a few dietary intolerances or elimination diet examples RDNs can expertly customize through strategies that are personally tailored to your needs.
- Egg freezing optimization: In order for a woman to have an achievable likelihood of becoming pregnant and giving birth from frozen eggs, they need to store between 10 and 35 eggs (depending on her age). RDNs can help boost egg quality to make this possible.
- You’ve had recurrent implantation failure: Many factors can contribute to a woman experiencing recurrent implantation failure, including age, BMI, and stress levels. This is often the result of impaired health of the uterus or embryo. RDNs can design nutritional strategies to boost the health of the egg and sperm, resulting in a healthier embryo and may improve your chances of success.
- You’ve struggled with recurrent miscarriages: Lifestyle factors, uterine issues, immunologic factors, hormonal disorders, genetic abnormalities, and insufficient key nutrient levels are all examples of complications that may result in miscarriages. RDNs address these issues with targeted nutrition intervention and highly effective strategies to reduce your chances of further miscarriages (and start growing your family!)
Take the Next Step!
There is no reason to suffer with the pain, frustration, and shame felt by so many women struggling with fertility and pregnancy-related issues. (And I promise you are not alone!)
With an intense desire to help women overcome these difficult physical and emotional challenges paired with my deep passion for healthy-living, I’ve made it my life’s mission to find ways to support healing through the incredible power of food.
Through my extensive experience, deep knowledge, and rigorous training to become an accredited Registered Dietitian Nutritionist I’ve learned what it takes to change lives – and there is no doubt or debate that food truly does hold the power for us all to nourish and flourish for life.
For more information on how Holness Nutrition can help with your fertility and pregnancy-related challenges or to book an appointment visit www.holnessnutrition.com/contact or call 212-484-9789